FreeBSD equivalents of hwclock and adjtimex?
Kelly Jones
2007-03-10 19:26:08 UTC
What are the FreeBSD equivalents of hwclock (view/set the BIOS
hardware clock) and adjtimex (adjust clock speed)? I couldn't find
these two well-known Linux commands in ports?
Dan Nelson
2007-03-11 07:25:10 UTC
Post by Kelly Jones
What are the FreeBSD equivalents of hwclock (view/set the BIOS
hardware clock) and adjtimex (adjust clock speed)? I couldn't find
these two well-known Linux commands in ports?
FreeBSD sets the hardware clock whenever settimeofday() is called
(unless the sysctl machdep.disable_rtc_set is set). I don't think
there's a way to retrieve the current hardware clock settings from
userland.

Linux's adjtimex(2) is called ntp_adjtime(2) in FreeBSD.
--
Dan Nelson
***@allantgroup.com